Story kiosk location
- Northwest corner of Parent & St. Patrick
(1888-1890) – St. Brigid’s Church was built between 1888 and 1890. A dwindling congregation and the cost of upkeep forced its sale in 2006 and it became a Centre for the Arts.
Who lived here?
In 1871, English speaking Irish Catholics comprised 31.1% of the population of Lower Town. Some had fled from the Irish famine of the 1840s. By 1901 that number had halved, with many moving out to neighborhoods such as Sandy Hill.