Story kiosk location
- Northeast corner of Elgin and Gilmour
- In 1861, Abby Maria Harmon opened a school at 283 Elgin that would oversee the education of young girls for over thirty years.
Who lived here?
- According to an advertisement in the Ottawa Daily Citizen of 19 August 1896, as the core subjects of English, Latin, Music, and Art, girls attending the school benefited from the presence of native-speaking German and French masters.